March 30, 2022
We are still in the process of redoing our bumpers so that we do not have to worry about the wood screws falling out by changing them to permanent bolts. We are also currently adding an encoder to the motor that changes the angle for our intake/shooter system.
March 29, 2022
We continued to work on changing our bumper mounting screws to bolts. As well as taking the piston that helped shoot the ball and making it longer and a little bigger.
March 28, 2022
We figured out from the two competitions that when we went to pick up the ball we knocked it out of the way a lot by running into it. So we decided to fix our intake claws open in place so that we would not be knocking them out as much. We saw that in doing this we were able to pick up the cargo balls much easier.
PCH District Carrollton Event
March 24-26, 2022
PCH District Carrollton Event
On Thursday we left right after school ended to head to West Georgia University to started our load-in and inspections as well as pit set up.
Friday stated the matches, and during our first match we had not had a chance to test the speed and distance for our auto code and the robot ended up running at full speed into the wall where the driver stations were and broke the entire intake system off. We luckily were able to fix it by drilling our the rivets and adding in bolts as well as extra brackets and fixing the auto code. We also were doing so much better this event than we were at Dalton because during lunch we even made it all the way up to 1st place and then after lunch stayed in 2nd and 3rd for a while before dropping back down to 6th because we had finally lost a match due to our climbing system temporarily breaking.
Saturday before the matches began they called seniors to come to the field to sing the national anthem, so our team Captain Brett Lougheed went and joined the other teams that went onto the field to sing the National Anthem. We started off the day being in 6th place. Which means that we were most likely going to be picking as alliance captions or be picked for an alliance. Once alliance selections came around we ended up being 7th ranked out of 38 teams and then moved up to be the 4th alliance. We had originally ranked the teams we wanted to have as our first pick as 6340 the Marist Manatees then 832 Oscar, but when we picked 6340 they had denied us and so we chose our second pick Oscar for our first pick in the alliance selections. Then when it came back around to us we chose 3581 THINC Robotics Alliance for our second pick.
During the Quarterfinals we won both of our matches against the 5th Alliance and we even tied our second match but won due to having all 3 of our robots on the hangar. We then moved on to the semifinals against the number ranked alliance and #1 and #2 ranked teams at the competition: team 1771 North Gwinnett Robotics and 8736 the Mechanisms. Where for the first match there was only the two robotics on the field because team 8849 Storm's robot was not currently working. Although for our second match it was only team 1771 against our 3 robot alliance and they scored 56 points just by scoring cargo into the hub. We ended up losing both of our Semi-finals matches but it was still a good experience and we ended up getting farther than we were at Dalton.
Congrats to team 1771, 8736, and 8849 on the win.
March 23, 2022
We are busy packing up for our Carrollton competition this weekend. We are also still testing the different systems, auto, and driving.
March 21, 2022
We had got our new CNC scoop for our intake system cut out and bent. Now we just need to mount it onto the intake system bottom plate. We also got our climber assembled and reattached on the robot base. As well as now having new mounting brackets for our bumpers put on.
March 18th, 2022
We are still working on printing more CaliCats for our Carrollton competition. We also got the new smaller piston mounted with a secondary bracket attached so that it cannot bend the shaft as easily. For building, we are also working on fixing up our climber with new parts.
March 17th, 2022
We had started to redesign our bumper mounting system. As well as shaving down the hooks for our climbing system so that it is easier to just slide off of the bars. Our piston that held up our shooting system broke today so we have to find a new and better way to mount it.